Third Year Requirements
- Attend the Third-Year Welcome Back session. An invite was sent to your UArizona email account with dates, times, and registration information.
- Participate in a third-year engagement option. These are listed below. Selections will be made during the Welcome Back session.
- Graduate School Preparation: This is a 5-week series focused on the graduate and professional school experience, including how to choose a school, the application process, and creating drafts of your application materials. This begins Thursday, September 14, 2023. This session will be held once a week from 2:00pm to 3:00pm in-person in Bear Down Building. If you choose this option, you MUST be able to make the entire time.
- Workforce Preparation: This is a 5-week Series focused on preparing to enter the workforce after graduation. During this time you'll explore job prospects for your field, experience needed, interview skills, and preparing your resume. This begins Tuesday, September 12, 2023. This session will be held once a week from 2:00pm to 3:00pm in-person in Bear Down Building. If you choose this option, you MUST be able to make the entire time.
- Internship: 20 hours fall semester (you must find this on your own)
- Research: 20 hours fall semester (you must find this on your own)
- Two-Semester Build Your Own Experience: Four Thrive Center Teach and Shares (two per semester) and two meetings with your AZA Outreach Coordinator (one per semester). This is a total of four Teach and Shares and two meetings throughout the entire year (more information will be provided via email, you will get to choose times and days based on your schedule).
- Study abroad: this option should only be chosen if you are currently studying abroad or will study abroad spring 2024.
- Meet with your academic advisor once in the fall semester AND once in the spring semester AND ask them to sign your online Academic Advisor Form.
- File your FAFSA by March 1, 2024: there is a new Simplified FAFSA that will not be released until December 2023.
- Any final corrections to your FAFSA must be made by May 1, 2024.
- Remain Pell Grant eligible (this will be determined by your FAFSA).
All academic requirements are reviewed at the end of the spring semester. If you are below the unit or GPA requirement, you may take summer units, and these will be checked again after summer session II.
- Complete/pass 72 UA units
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA